About Me

My photo
Hi! So I'm a total noobie when it comes to blogging, so bear with me because this is going to be a work in progress (duh, aren't all blogs a work in progress?) Anyway, I'm a 22 year old college student finishing my last semester of my undergraduate degree. I'm starting this blog for a class but I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy it so much I'll keep up with it long after. But enough about me...onto the blog!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Trash in the Hallway

(I never know what to say in my titles for these entries, so forgive me if they are cheesy)

This morning I let the girls out (Mattie and my roommate's dog Indy) to use the bathroom. Whenever I let them out together I put Mattie on a leash but Allegrah never puts Indy on a leash since she's a tiny dog. The only problem with this is that Indy gets a Napoleon complex when she sees big dogs and other people; she runs after them and barks like crazy almost as if she's trying to scare them off or assert her dominance. It's hard to control a big dog like Mattie while you're trying to get a little dog who thinks she is big to calm down.

Anyway, after chasing Indy down and getting her to calm down again, the 3 of us headed back upstairs to my apartment. On the way, Indy saw another person and took off running up the stairs. I was distracted trying to get her under control, so I didn't realize that Mattie had gotten into a trash bag that was ripped open laying in the hallway. She ate a few chicken bones and I'm a little worried about her. I hope they don't mess up her tummy :-(

I just get so angry at people around here for leaving their trash in the hallways, throwing their cigarette butts on the ground, smashing glass bottles in the parking lots and in the grass, leaving food messes around, and NOT PICKING UP THEIR DOGS' POO! If I have to use a trash bag to pick up my dog's mess every time she does it, then I feel like everyone else should have to do the same. In our lease it says that people who do not pick up after their dogs will be fined. This rule is hard to enforce unless someone reports it, though, and I don't want to necessarily be on bad terms with my neighbors. I guess I could try saying something to them if I see it happen and if they don't change their ways I shouldn't feel so bad about reporting them.

1 comment:

  1. Pick up some doggy doo and leave it by their door. (Just kidding)Susan C.

    ReplyDelete