About Me

My photo
Hi! So I'm a total noobie when it comes to blogging, so bear with me because this is going to be a work in progress (duh, aren't all blogs a work in progress?) Anyway, I'm a 22 year old college student finishing my last semester of my undergraduate degree. I'm starting this blog for a class but I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy it so much I'll keep up with it long after. But enough about me...onto the blog!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Shaggy Girl

Look how shaggy Mattie is already! It’s funny to see how fast her hair grows. It seems to grow faster than human hair… but then again when I think about it, guys’ hair seems to grow faster than girls’ hair probably because it’s so short and you can see the difference in length in just a couple of weeks.

She’s starting to smell…doggish...if you know what I mean by that.  Since she sleeps in my room, my room is starting to smell like a dog.  I would really like to give her another bath, but the vet told me that the less I mess with her, the less her skin allergies will bother her.  I’m only supposed to give her 2-3 baths a year and I’m definitely not supposed to clip her hair very often.

Does anyone else happen to have a dog with similar problems who could maybe make some suggestions? I was going to buy some waterless shampoo for her, but I bet that will dry out her skin as well.  I've already been using pet wipes and baby wipes to sort of "spot clean" her but that doesn't really help to take away that doggy smell she's got going on. 

Anyway, I haven't posted many pictures on here in a while so here's a few for your viewing pleasure haha.



1 comment:

  1. She's cute! You might try Febreze or something like that - not on the dog, on the furniture! - to try to keep the doggy smell under control.

    ReplyDelete